out on mindless highway 
by m. indless
out on mindless highway
pleased when pace is right
angered when there’s traffic (almost got into a fight)
not sure where i’m going (no direction, no control)
no time to stop for fuel on this silly, winding road
- ...but it wouldn’t take much of an effort to pull over, to rest, to make a plan, to get the proper fuel, and then to pay attention.
- additionally, it would probably be easier to pay attention if i slowed down, a little.
- heck, my first observation is that it (already) seems less congested.
- it’s interesting, how, when i’m not rushed, those on the road seem to drive better.
- if i were to be totally honest with myself, this (mindful) path rewards me with more peace, ease, appreciation, gratitude, empathy, and compassion.
 martino, j. (8.16-2.16). out on mindless highway. book 77: shift. © 2016 by wellnesseducation.us.