Monday, May 10, 2010

line of the day

the line of the day (on mother's day), was spoken by jean-luc briand, during a candle-lighting ceremony known as "prayers and blessings" at the Unity center for Spiritual Living in charlotte, nc. ..although it was the first time that he'd ever been to Unity, jean luc eased on up to the microphone and said:

"i'd like to light a candle for my best friend... 

...hi, mom!"
________________________
click here for the video, which makes it easy to skip forward and rewind. ..jules, jean-luc, and vincent are seated in the third row, on the far left.  ..i'm next door (in the kitchen), playing the role of "head chef" so the mothers could take a day off from food preparation.   

..you can skip ahead to 1 hour and 29 seconds (for jules), and jean-luc takes the stage at 1 hour and 20 minutes and 2 seconds. ..you'll also want to catch Reverend Julie's chat with the kids (at about 36 minutes in), where she explains the concept of Mother-Father-God.

wild, batman!

2 comments:

  1. ...so, let me say, as my lower lip trembles a bit and one lovely tear rolls down my cheek;

    To the three most amazing men in my life (Jean-Luc, Vincent and of course, you my dearest Lenny)
    A THOUSAND thank you's for making my Mothers Day yesterday the very, very best I could have ever imagined!

    Let me tell explain how it all began...
    I awoke on Sunday, May 9th 2010 feeling quite bereft at not having my own Mom in my life. Also, pretty significantly concerned that the boys would not show up to Unity for church (the ONLY thing I requested of them for Mother's Day!) All morning I was lovingly soothed and comforted by the most amazing man I have ever known as we prepared food etc. for our early arrival at Unity.
    As we drove in, it was pretty obvious that I had a heavy heart. Suddenly, whipping the car to the side of the road, Lenny jumps from the car and bounds into the brush (a truly amazing sight to behold, and I had NO IDEA what was going on!!) He returns to the car with a handful of wild poppies he picked for me!!
    They were the richest color red I had ever seen, almost iridescent even, and holding them in my hands I was once again reminded that I AM INDEED the luckiest woman in the world...

    Oh...and OF COURSE, not only did the boys come to church, BUT they shared themselves with grace, charm and loving care. It was truly one of the most special days I have ever had.

    Thank you all...

    Happy Mother's Day Mom.

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. julesbaby,

    it was a pleasure to be part of your Mother's day, and Unity never ceases to amaze.

    your boys impressed everyone who met them: meek, strong, humble, insightful, curious, fun, etc.

    Mom... has every reason to be very, very, very Happy.

    Love,
    len

    ReplyDelete