Thursday, November 5, 2009

what is It All about?

for moi, it's about e-mails like the one below, sent by an angel/student/teacher named Selena.

-------------------------------------11:52 a.m., 11-5-09----------------------------------------

To: Lenny
From: Selena
Subject: Zen Thai Greetings!

Hi Lenny! ..I hope you remember me from class! ..I just wanted to write and share something very special with you! ..As soon as I got home I started really promoting thai massage at my job and offered a special deal for October. ..I was booked solid all but 2 days that month which was amazing!!! ..But the cool story is what happened this past weekend...


I have a client (name omitted for confidentiality) that comes in every two weeks for a massage. ..He has multiple sclerosis and a degenerative hip. ..He can't take a lot of pressure and walks with a really really slow limp. ..I finally convinced him to try a thai which we did on Halloween. ..I finished the massage and told him to take his time sitting up while I poured him water. ..He was completely silent which is not like him. ..So I asked, "how was the massage? ..What did you think?" ..And he said, "It was good..." really slowly.

So I was pretty sure he hated it and I said, "oh ok but you prefer a traditional massage to thai?" and he said......slowly in disbelief..."..Selena, i Haven't been able to feel my left leg in over 2 years. ..That's why I limp and I have a hard time exercising because I can't feel what my left leg is doing. ..But during this massage the feeling just came back."

!!!!!!!! Oh happy happy joy joy. ..What a miracle that was to hear something like that and what encouragement as to why I do what I do. ..I just had to share that Lenny with you because I thought it was so amazing. ..Thank you for being a wonderful teacher and giving me the oppurtunity to learn thai massage!

Have a wonderful week!


Selena

above: selena and simon
 
click here for pictures of selena (with class) in costa rica, september, 2009

4 comments:

  1. quite!

    hi, no one!
    :)
    they do all the work, and lennego gets credit!

    no (all seriousness aside), i'm always amazed by the stories that my student/teachers have for me, in this wonder-full world of massage & wellness.
    :)
    i'm sure that you've experienced these kinds of things in your line of work.

    the unfolding story is One, magical roller-coaster ride!

    smiles,
    lenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "line of work" is raising my family; and yes, the miracles abound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, sue!

    your (blog, etc.) insights provide miraculous ways for others to peek at this wild world of ours, and i thank you for that.
    :)
    len

    ReplyDelete