...do people in other countries think that the u.s.a. is absolutely nuts?
of course, half of our country is mad because our sitting president just won a Peace Prize.
no, you didn't read it incorrectly...
* it's not because he stole a Peace Prize,
* it's not because he lobbied for a Peace Prize,
* it's not because he kicked their dog, and
* it's not because he encouraged a culture that bilked americans out of half of their retirement money, so that his buddies could become filthier and richer than anyone could have ever dreamed possible, ever, in the history of planet earth.
* it's not because he angered nearly every country on the globe, by spouting eight years worth of "we'll do it our way, without regard to you, because you don't matter, because i said so."
no, he didn't do (or say) that.
by no fault of his own,
he was nominated for, and won, a prize for Peace.
no, he didn't build a bridge to nowhere...
no, he didn't approve of oil rigs in the gulf, and tar balls on your beaches...
no, he didn't say that every other courntry's views on global warming were wrong, or refuse to sign papers that every civilized, intelligent county on the globe thought important enough to sign...
no. ..no. ..no. ..instead:
he's been going about the extremely impossible task of mending a very ill planet, by attempting to influence ingrained systems that are literally choking the planet to death...
he's been attempting to mend and create relationships...
no. ..he did not steal your niece's tricycle...
he was nominated for a Peace Prize, and international people felt strongly enough about him that they voted in such a way that he won it. ..then he (in a very humble way) went about trying to use the event as a way to propel us forward.
many, many so-called "patriotic" people in the u.s.a. (many of those who would have slapped you down hard if you hadn't supported a "wartime president"), yes, half of them are mad...
...because their sitting president won a Peace Prize.
Peace, for God's sake...
let's get mad, because our sitting president is being recognized for Peace.
let's do the opposite of supporting our president, in a time of global concern, in a time when global issues impact every, single one of us.
after all, who in the world cares about Peace?
it's hard to figure out why...
...those crazy people in other countries think that the u.s.a. is absolutely nuts.
what's wrong with all of those foreign peace-mongers?
i apologize in advance, and i might delete this post in a few days, because wIe is not a political organization, nor do we want to become ingrained in ridiculous political arguments.
i just needed to vent.