alternative title: orange you glad four carrots?
for those of us who'd like to enjoy vibrant health, but haven't yet gotten fully into "juicing," wIe can keep it simple with smoothies.
* 1 banana
* several chunks of frozen pineapple
* 4 carrots
* frozen orange juice (from concentrate) - i tried to follow the label, but it took me three hours of concentration before recognizing that "concentrate" meant "what's in the thing."
* (optional) 1/2 lemon, thumbnail size of ginger, or vary the amount of the above ingredients for more an effect
1. put ingredients in blender
2. press "play" (taste test by scooping & slurping a spoonful off of the top, while it's blending)
3. pour into a frozen mug
* makes several delicious servings, needs no sweeteners (no ice cream, no yogurt). ..very, very filling.
* smoothies allow us to consume the pulp (and glean its fiber). ..juicers remove the pulp, giving you more vitamins/minerals per ounce, but i've found it hard to "throw away" the pulp. ..you'll need a compost thigamajig if you really want to juice.
past IP (In-Joy-All-ist Principles) posts:
- IP-9: the half-smile-phenomenon
- IP-8: smoothie of day (man-go-bananas)
- IP-7: well worth the weight
- IP-6: smoothie of the day (can't beet kiwi)
- IP-5: investements
- IP-4: smoothie of day (carrot top)
- IP-3: trans fats
- IP-2: what is wellness?
- IP-1: In-Joy-All-ist Principles