sitting in the dark 
by l. i. stening
someone tell a little story (arrow, hit the mark)
make me a believer as i sit here in the dark
· how (did that happen?)
· as we sit here and speak of Reality, we’d have to admit that we are speaking about our perception of Reality. ..each of us pretty much goes on what we got.
· no one has any Real idea about reality, separate from our own perspective.
· that being said, what is Real?
· if you get hit by a car (here, in the relative world), then the collision is real (here).
· if we experience the illusion of a movie, tv show or play, then the illusion is real (within the context of the medium).
· if someone were to dream that
· as the kid, sitting in the dark… ..we want to believe in the story. ..we want the story-teller to be good at whipping up a fantastical illusion. ..we want to “forget” this level of reality in favor of a momentary experience else-where.
· we can also “change state” by consuming food, drink, chemicals… or by spinning around in circles.
· changing state: birds do it, bees do it, and it appears that nature does it as well.
· whenever you or i conceptualize “what’s REALLY going on,” we’re just children, sitting in the dark, caught-up in a wonderful story. ..in the end, it’s All our own little mystory.
inspired by “storytelling, reality, and utopians of the image” by tim