alternative title: "can't beet kiwi"
note: for the meaning of "IP," please click on IP-4 here.
for those of us who'd like to enjoy vibrant health, but haven't yet gotten fully into "juicing," wIe can keep it simple with smoothies.
* 1 banana
* 3 carrots (tops cut off)
* 1/4 of a small beet
* 1/4 cup-ish orange juice (to liquefy)
* handful (or more) of frozen strawberries (i ran out of peanuts) - to your taste
* chopped ginger (a little piece, about the size of a thumbnail)
* 1/4 lemon (skinned)
* topped off with a slice of kiwi. ..i tried to "shave" slivers of carrot on top, but it didn't look right, so i found a kiwi in the fridge, and "voile."
1. put ingredients in blender (don't put slice of kiwi in blender, as it will cease to be a slice)
2. press "play" (taste test by scooping & slurping a spoonful off of the top, while it's blending)
3. after pouring into a cool-looking glass, apply topping (kiwi slice) on top
"delicious and nutritious" -dane cook
* makes several delicious servings, needs no sweeteners (no ice cream, no yogurt). ..very, very filling.
* smoothies allow us to consume the pulp (and glean its fiber). ..juicers remove the pulp, giving you more vitamins/minerals per ounce, but i've found it hard to "throw away" the pulp.