Friday, April 10, 2009

let it Be

this post is dedicated to my friend jean, whose house recently caught fire. ..in this hour of darkness, jean will be re-Minded of how very much she is Loved, as her friends and family rally around her once again.



hang in there, baby. ..try to allow this caterpillar phase to pass into that which will become the ecstasy of butterflight.



i Love you,

lenny







Let It Be by paul mccartney and the Be-atles





when i find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me,

speaking words of wisdom, let it Be.



and in my hour of darkness, She is standing right in front of me,

speaking words of wisdom, let it Be.



let it Be, let it Be, let it Be, let it Be.

whisper words of wisdom, let it Be.



when all the broken-hearted people living in the world agree,

there will be an answer, let it Be.



for though they may be parted, there is still a chance that they will see,

there will be an answer. let it Be.



let it Be, let it Be...



and when the night is cloudy, there is still a light, that shines on me,

shine until tomorrow, let it Be.



i wake up to the sound of music, Mother Mary comes to me,

there will be no sorrow, let it Be.



let it Be, let it Be...



____________________________________________________



* there will be no sorrow, Let It Be.



8 comments:

  1. Len,

    I'm just getting a chance to get caught up on your blogs - just when I thought I had no tears left, they started flowing again. I have been faced with a few challenges in the last two years of my life, but, I've been able to make it through because I have the most incredible friends and family in the world. In true Judy and Connie fashion, they have found laughter in my misfortune. I'll elaborate on that later, but just to give you something to think about - when you have a fire - the textile restoration people come in and remove all your clothes - which means going through all your drawers....things that make you go hmmmmm.

    I think the orange sun/moon would be a great focal point for my newly renovated home :).

    Have fun on the rest of your trip, I can't wait to hear your voice.

    I Love you,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jean,

    Hang in there, baby. I'll be back soon.

    If you can't visit me in NC, I'll try to come to Florida as soon as possible.

    You are Love-d (mucho),
    :)
    Love,
    Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jean,

    I'm so sorry to hear about this, Jean. I can empathize with you, because when I was 12 yrs. old my home burned to the ground. The feeling of being homeless while my dad, mom, sister & I watched it burn has never left me.

    But in the midst of tragedy, my mother made jokes about not having to wash the dishes & laundry, and she said that she would finally be able to get new furniture. It might seem like an odd reaction, but her humor made all of us laugh & broke the tension.

    I'm glad to hear that you have good friends who have already helped you laugh through this. I know it's not easy to find the humor in times like these, yet laughter really is the best remedy.

    My positive thoughts & prayers are with you, Jean. I know I don't know you as well as I would like to know such a beautiful person like yourself; yet I have a good intuition about people and I think you're one strong lady.

    Love & Peace to you,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and Jean... in reference to your comment:

    Q1: How many textile restoration people came in and removed all of your clothes while going through your drawers?

    Q2: Did they leave theirs on?

    :)
    Just brotherly questions,
    Love,
    Len

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Cat,

    It's GREAT to hear your support for Jean, and GREAT to hear how your mom dealt with the situation.

    A toast, to moms!

    Love,
    Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. My mom's first name was Betty, but she was known by her middle name...Jean. Tonight I'm going to toast our good friend, Jean, & our beautiful moms, Jean & Josephine...God Bless Them All.

    CHEERS!
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Cat,

    To add to that - my mom's name was Maxine Elizabeth - but she went by Betty. Yikes!

    Love ya,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete