Sunday, January 11, 2009

e-mail from jean (1-10-09)

i must have been a good boy in a past life. ..or, maybe in my pre-life stage, i decided that this life would be a lucky one. ..in any case, i've been blessed with the best of the best of friends.



below is an e-mail from my longtime, best girl-friend, jean. ..i'm posting her e-mail so that, someday when i'm on my death-bed at age 77, i can click onto this post and die with a HUGE smile on my face.



-lucky lenny



above: at connor's (rugby bar in indianapolis, 1988-ish). ..in-between jean & lenny, left to right, are:

.....* dale (u.s. army physical fitness school)

.....* pam (lenny's co-pilot/classmate/dance partner, from flight school)

.....* bill (indianapolis rugby club) -- note: i think that jean had a bit of a crush on bill...



below: running a 5-k (at ball state university in indiana)









below: just another tuesday night, dancing on chairs...







below: Perfect Jeans



below: willy n' judy's wedding, key largo

































below: how many salem courthouse 3-D movie goers can you fit in a picture booth?







below: jeanbaby















































-----------------below: jean's e-mail (1-10-09)----------------------

Len,



I just got finished reading your new book. You are incredible. Thank you so much, I'm honored that you would include me in your dedication.



I can't express how blessed I feel to have you in my life. We've shared so much. The good times have been so much better and the bad times have been turned into learning experiences with you by my side. There is a song, by Celine Dion that makes me think of you when I hear it.



Here are the lyrics - this is what you mean to me.



For all those times you stood by me

For all the truth that you made me see

For all the joy you brought to my life

For all the wrong that you made right

For every dream you made come true

For all the love I found in you



I'll be forever thankful baby

You're the one who held me up

Never let me fall

You're the one who saw me through through it all



Chorus :



You were my strength when I was weak

You were my voice when I couldn't speak

You were my eyes when I couldn't see

You saw the best there was in me



Lifted me up when I couldn't reach

You gave me faith 'coz you believed

I'm everything I am

Because you loved me



You gave me wings and made me fly

You touched my hand I could touch the sky

I lost my faith, you gave it back to me

You said no star was out of reach



You stood by me and I stood tall

I had your love I had it all

I'm grateful for each day you gave me

Maybe I don't know that much

But I know this much is true

I was blessed because I was loved by you



Chorus:



You were always there for me

The tender wind that carried me

A light in the dark shining your love into my life

You've been my inspiration

Through the lies you were the truth

My world is a better place because of you



I love you,

Jean



______________________________________________



i love you, too, jean! thank you for Be-ing, and for Joining me on this wonderful Journey called "life."

All-Ways,

lenny



p.s. more past-pics below:



























below: sailing in destin









below: martineau house, pre-boston marathon, 1983-ish. ..jean & her travel companions (left-to-right; top-to-bottom): kevin podlaski, bob simeone, denny connors, rick bozwell, jean, steve mcguirk, tim syzek, and chris horan.









below: snow angel









below: an early morning wake-up call, salem courthouse apartments, indianapolis (1984-ish).



beware of door-to-door wake-up waiters (note the aprons, courtesy of dalt's bar & grille):

.....* ralph newman (upper-left)

.....* your's truly (lower-right).



..
it looks as if john pace (in front of you, jean) is still rubbing his eyes in disbelief.









here's the drill:



your doorbell rings you out of a sound sleep, while several fists pound on your door, first thing on a sunny saturday morning. ..you struggle to the doorway (half-awake), since you'd been out with us the night before.



you don't want to open the door, but you peer through the peep-hole to see smiling, laughing faces.



against your better judgment, you crack the door open as a beer (with your name on it) simultaneously crack's open. ..uh, oh... it's gonna be a loooooong day!



question 1: does anyone know what kind of beer that is?



question 2: were we crazy, or just plain stupid?



forrest gump would know the answer to #2.

4 comments:

  1. Len,

    What great memories - each one filled with love and laughter. You're the best!

    Love,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo true!

    Any one of those times could take up a blog (with several posts).

    We've been lucky to have had the friends we've had over the past 27 years! I'm shooting for 27 more!
    :)
    Love,
    Len

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so incredible... thank-you for sharing....
    I am touched somewhere that never gets it...
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sonia-baby!

    Yours is a beautiful soul, and anyone that's been around you for 5 minutes can pick up on that energy.

    Thanks for appreciating the craziness that is www.wellnesseducation.us (...and the rest of US).

    Can't wait to see your artwork tomorrow night. When Jean visits (someday, maybe soon?), we'll have to have a dinner party!!

    :) Len

    ReplyDelete