Sunday, November 16, 2008

"lenny, you want to marry me"

kuru” really didn’t pose it as a question. ..it was more like a statement.

looking back, i could see how my innocent actions might have been taken in a different context, here among the namara vunda (namara village) people.

earlier today, i showed kuru some massage techniques, and the outside parts of our arms might have touched each other when we were working on moses’ ankles.
.
.
.
.
later on, after hiking up to the summit, kuru was looking at some of the pictures on my camera when i excused myself, saying: “i’ve got to take a shower. i’m sweaty.”

kuru responded: “i like the smell of your sweat.”

…which now, i think, might have been some form of proposal, because at some point later, she said (quote): "lenny, you want to marry me."
.
it makes you wonder if you are going to be carried away for the kind of ritualistic matrimonial ceremony that you only see in movies.

we ended up kidding each other about our “marriage” for the rest of my stay.

upon departing the island, kuru jokingly smiled and said “you always remember me, lenny.”


to which i responded: “of course. vinati, kuru.”
.
.
.

as the (massage) world turns...
.
below: lenny & kuru (newlyweds?)



4 comments:

  1. This is too funny.....
    Many men go around the world to find that one true love....
    D-) Sonia ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    And... the second that you take a break from looking... Love finds you!

    :)

    -Len

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny,I went to give you a hug and you said sorry I'm sweaty...I have to agree I like the smell of your sweat too....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. .
    .
    .
    "Anonymous, you want to marry me."
    :)
    Love, Lenny
    .
    .
    .

    ReplyDelete