Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"stuck" in fiji

in an effort to depart fiji, i arrived at the airport early – only to be told that my flight had been canceled..
.
wwwwhat???.
.
(breeeeeeathe...) ..practice what you preach....
this meant that i’d have to stay another night in fiji.

air pacific’s rep, “dominico” felt very sorry about my inconvenience, and air pacific booked me into the sofitel resort, which (according to my taxi driver) is the best resort in nadi.
air pacific paid for the following:

  • transportation (to/from the resort, $40)
  • free internet ($9 per hour)
  • room ($225)
  • dinner ($75)
  • breakfast ($33)
  • laundry, and all non-alcohol drinks at the hotel. (who drinks that stuff, anyway?)
  • …at the airport, they threw in a “takaway” bottle of wine ($35) and then bought me a fiji gold beer ($5) while i waited for the taxi.
when i got back to the room, i realized that my website had disappeared from the internet, along with my e-mail account. ..free internet, but no access to you. ..waaa.
.
the resort was more than beautiful, but (to be honest) the high-rollers weren’t that much fun. if you ever get the choice between boring luxury and vibrant backpackers, take the backpackers and the islanders any day of the week.
.
anyway... sofitel resort photos, for all of you high-rollers out there:
.

.
.
.
.
.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.






left and below: breakfast (room service, of course)
.
.
.
.
oh, and i almost forgot... then air pacific "stuck" me in "business class" for my next-day trip (picture of the seat, below).
learning point: don't get down, if your plans don't work out as planned.
there was only one problem: i didn't have enough "stuck time" to explore sofitel's gym, spa, jogging tracks, or seven (yes, seven) swimming pools.
.
.waaaaaaaaaa. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes- I thought you were sucked into the "black hole"......
    Glad you made it out!
    Sonia ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sonia!
    .
    I thought I'd never get out of Fiji alive!
    :)
    -Len

    ReplyDelete