Sunday, November 9, 2008

flashback: willy & judy

it's raining, on a sunday afternoon in queenstown, n.z., so it seems like a good time to provide another "flashback," a memory that i will value for the rest of my life.
.
i have always observed couples, especially married couples.
.
my model couple, willy & judy, share an existence that is impossible to describe.
.
judy is the ultimate gal as willy is the ultimate guy as they treat each other with ultimate Love.
.
a story: a few years ago, while visiting willy & judy in tampa, judy gave her usual "you guys get out of the house and have some guy time together!" ..so we took the inflatable kayaks down to some remote part of the alafia river, a jungle-like venture with not a house in sight. (for effect, below is a picture of willy, kayaking on crystal river)
.now, those of you who know lenny & willy know that, back in the day, we (occasionally) under-estimated our ability to consume food and drink.
.
about half-way through our trek, we recognized that we were (quote) "out of beer."
.
willy, ever the optimist, whipped out his cell phone and attempted to contact judy.
.
judy answered the phone, and willy explained our situation. ..he thought that we'd be passing under a bridge in about 30 minutes. ..all the while, i was thinking "if more people treated each other the way that willy & judy treat each other, we'd ALL be married."
.
unbelievable as it may seem, as we paddled up to that bridge, judy was running out to the middle of it ...with a cooler!
.
it is important to note that my long-time best girl friend jean had agreed to wait in the truck with willy & judy's daughters (abby & kelly) so that judy could accomplish her mission. ..it is also important to note that the bridge was long, and there was no way for judy to get down to the river (about 30 feet down)... and there was no way to park the vehicle on the bridge.
.
i positioned my kayak under the bridge, and judy lowered the cooler down (by rope). ..not only were there ice-cold natties, but judy had also somehow found the time to prepare turkey sandwiches!!!
.
willy and i fully enjoyed the rest of our kayak-venture, and, at the end, we realized that the keys were locked willy's car, which was located waaaaay back upstream. ..willy called judy again, and once again ...judy came to our rescue.
.
i could go on and on, with story after story after story, but let this suffice: of all the beautiful places in the world, and of all the beautiful people, i can only hope that you, someday, get to experience the phenomenon is willy & judy.
.
above (pirates of the bay): celebrating gasparilla, in tampa, florida ...cat & lenny, judy (holding kelly), and willy (holding abby). ..since this post is getting a lot of love (via e-mail), i dug up another picture (below) which is a better shot of abby & willy.
.one more note: in the m-art-ineau gallery on www.wellnesseducation.us, abby has a picture posted, entitled: "son of a sun." ..purchase it (in the store) and help contribute to kelly & abby's college fund. ..kelly will have a mini-book available, whenever we get the chance to scan it.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, we are honored to make it into your blog today. We have a lot of good memories together and some of the best times includes Jean and Cat too. Afterall, if it had not been for Jean we never would have gotten together (but that is an entire different story that we do not have time for now). I do know that when too much time has passed between visits, we have Lenny withdrawals and that time has come and gone. Come home soon. We miss you! By the way Willy is the man and a perfect fit for me. You also had a lot to do with our union and for that I will be forever greatful.(Judy)

    Yo Mate, I've been thinking about the Post-Christmas trip (maybe taking the fast ferry to Key West, stay at the BOQ or camp w/bikes we bring w/us,go on a deep sea charter fishing trip, take the snorkel trip to Dry Tortugas, wash it all down with some cold ones at Sloppy Joe's and elsewhere). Would be great if Jim,Cat,Dick & ML,could come. Unfortunately we can't seem to think of a way for Judy to join us on this one but we are still trying. Would love to have some NEW stories/adventures w/Dick & ML. Now that hurricane season is basicly over, it's time to build that boat bar extension to your addition! P.S. but not as an afterthought, Judy IS my SoulMate and I would be quantumly less complete w/o HER. I am truely blessed. Aloha, willy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Throughout your blogging, you have caused a feeling of envy in me. "I wish I could experience life the way Lenny does!" This posting adds to that feeling exponentially.

    You see, now you have made me want to adopt Willy and Judy (and their beautiful children)! You are so blessed to have such wonderful people in your life.

    Thank you for sharing them with us in this way!

    Love you, very much.
    xoxoxo, me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy, Willy, & Clare!!

    J&W, your comment is just another example of what I'm talking about. You guys have me holding back tears.
    .
    And Clare,

    It's funny that you say that you wish you could experience life like moi, because I think of YOU almost every time I write one of those tongue-in-cheek lines.
    .
    YOUR writing style has In-Spired me to explore my inner-comedian and to have a laugh while doing it. When you haven't been able to fly a helicopter, I've been MORE than happy to do it FOR you, and report back.

    Thank YOU!!!

    I LOVE You,
    Lenny

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Willy, Judy, Kelly and AbbyNovember 10, 2008 at 7:25 PM

    Kelly and Abby got a huge kick out of seeing themselves on your blog. They laughed and had a really good time looking at themselves at a younger time (they are now 8 and 9). After a few laughs Abby said "Are there any more pictures". Thanks for making our family feel like celebrities. As sad as it may be, this is our 15 minutes of fame.

    Happy Veteran's Day, Lenny. Thank you for serving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Willy, Judy, Kelly, Abby, Jean, Clare...& last(but certainly not least) Lenny,
    I am truly honored & blessed to know each one of you. I miss you all & hope to see all of you in the near future.
    I have to agree w/ Lenny when he places Willy & Judy on his model couple list, b/c they're also an inspiration to me. They display not only a great amount of love & affection towards each other... they also have a great friendship. When you're priveleged enough to be around them, you feel that they're a team. And that's a rare quality to find in quite a few long term relationships that I've observed.
    Willy & Judy...you're tops in my book of love & I love ya both!

    Love to ALL!
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, everyOne!!
    .
    Thank you, you're welcome, etc., etc.
    .
    This blog is a LOVE-fest, and that's the way I Love it!
    .
    Smiling (ear to ear),
    Love,
    Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. We miss you Cat. It has been too long. I can't wait to get together some time soon. On Willy and I, I thank you. The thing that makes it work is we are both laid back. That helps in life. Therefore I can ignore him talking endlessly about politics (and pretend I am listening) and he does the same to me about my job. It is a perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you mean that women are also equipped w/ "selective hearing?" That's something we ALL need to utilize, esp. if that's the key to your success...LOL!
    You are right...it's been too long & I miss you both dearly!

    Love ya!
    Cat

    ReplyDelete