Thursday, October 23, 2008

computer fixed (for now)..,

golf brought back the laptop this evening. he had it for more than two days, and he replaced a hard drive.
.
his bill: $2500 baht or about $80-ish (u.s.)
.
our negotiation: i payed $1500 baht tonight, and he gets the rest if the machine is still working on saturday morning. that gives me about 30 hours to break it (again).
.
i can't imagine what it would have cost, back home (at comp-usa), where they probably would have shipped it to thailand for three months -- so that golf could fix it.
.
learning point: in order to cut-out the middle-man, travel overseas.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lenny! It must've been at the same time I was wondering about that computer of yours, that Golf turned it back over to you! I had a feeling that Golf would, yes would, get it back to you! Thanks for hugging my Nicki for me from me!!! sending more her way! And again, I appreciate the chance to follow on this blog, it's awesome! Safe and wonderful travels...Just love, love, love the pictures.
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. you must look us up when you come to FL....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Debby!
    .
    Thanks for the comments! I apologise in advance for any posts that might exceed the p.g. rating :)
    .
    Nicki has been a Joy for us during this adventure. She's constantly smiling and upbeat. She always seems to have something nice to say about any person and any situation.
    .
    As the group ties up its loose ends, today, it feels as though I'm letting 18 friends go away.
    .
    The good news is that they are going back to loved ones with several stories, experiences, and a different outlook on life.
    .
    We're lucky!
    .
    Maybe I'll catch up with you guys in St. Pete around Christmas-time, as I spend some time with GREAT friends in Tampa.
    .
    My journey continues to Australia, New Zealand (I hope), Fiji, and Hawaii before returning to the continental u.s.
    .
    It's time to pack the backpack!
    .
    Smiles,
    Lenny

    ReplyDelete