"Namaste" is a term (often used in yoga) that, loosely translated, means:
* "the Divinity in me recognizes the Divinity in you," or
* "the Love in me recognizes the Love in you," or
* "the Oneness in me recognizes the Oneness in you."
...you get the idea.
when you greet someone with "Namaste," you are usually facing them. you bow slightly, in his/her direction, with your hands in the "prayer position."
in thailand, there's a whole lot of bowing going on.
nothing, however, could ever prepare you for this:
what do you think that ronald mcdonald is saying?
* the saturated fat in me recognizes the saturated fat in you?
* the wardrobe-challenged me recognizes the wardrobe challenged you?
* the processed me recognizes the processed you?
* the u.s. in me recognizes the u.s. in you?
* the bad-hair day me recognizes the bad-hair day you?
...and on, and on, and on...